Player Evaluation Dates March 10th and 18th
Updated Tuesday March 6, 2018 by Grafton Little League.
The first step to a great 2018 season is player evaluations and we will be holding them on March 10th and 18th at Millbury Street School. For many families, this is their first time going through the evaluation process, so here are a few details about how evaluations are conducted.
All players who are league age 8 and older will be given an opportunity to attend evaluations (if you are receiving this email, then your son/daughter falls into that category). Please keep in mind that these are not "tryouts". The process is put in place to ensure that players are placed in the appropriate divisions and that we are building balanced teams that will provide for a great season for everyone.
The evaluations are held on two consecutive Saturdays and players will be grouped by age. On March 18th, all boys who are Little League age 8 and 9 (FYI, Little League age is based on your child's age as of September 1st) will be invited to a 1 hour evaluation between 9AM and 1PM. On March 10th, all players who are little league age 10-12 and did not play on a Dauphinais (majors division) team last season will do the same. In other words, if your son played in the Dauphinias division last season, there is no need for them to attend an evaluation. You will be receiving an additional e-mail from me within the next week or so with specifics as to date and time for your son or daughter. Regardless of date and time, below are a few notes about the actual day:
- Please have your son report to the sign in table at the Millbury Street School 10 minutes before their scheduled time slot. There will be a table outside the cafeteria to sign in.
- The boys should wear sneakers and comfortable clothing as they will be running around during the evaluations. Please, no cleats of any kind.
- All players should bring their glove as they will be catching baseballs.
- Personal batting helmets are optional. We will provide helmets, so there is no need to purchase one for this evaluation.
- Please do not send a bat with your son. Personal bats will not be allowed into the gym.
- Each session will last one hour. You can drop off your son at the table when you sign in.
- Parents are welcome to wait in the cafeteria lobby, but are not allowed into the gym during the evaluations.
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.